Instagram is one of the most used social site. It is a place where you can look for people to socialize with. Instagram is a great place to connect users. However, if you want to find new people to follow, you have to know their username. But it is not necessary, because you can still look for them if you don’t. It is best if you know the username because you can find the person by simply typing his name in the search bar. But if you don’t know the name, it could be a little hard to look for that person but it is not impossible. We can also look for a person if we do not know their username via the help of their mobile number or their Facebook account.
Various ways for finding people on Instagram
You can find people on Instagram through various ways. If you want to search for some new people, make some new friends, or you want to socialize with new people, you would obviously need to find these people. You can either find new people by using Instagram hashtags, or you can follow friends of your friends. However, you should only add people if the other person also wants to add you. Do not forcefully add other people. Always ask for their consent before you make a move.
Moreover, if you really want to search new people to interact with, you can follow following steps.
Search by name through search bar
The first method of finding a person is by his or her username. If you don’t know the username, it will be a little hard to find the person. But, if you know the username, it will still be hard as there are hundreds and thousands of people with same names. However, if you know the accurate username of the person, it will be very easy for you. You can simply go to the search bar, and search for the person by typing the username. To find people through search bar, you would be required to take following steps.
- You will see a magnifying glass on the screen. Firstly, click on it.
- Secondly, click on the search bar which is at the top of the screen.
- At the search bar you would see various options like people, hashtags, locations etc. If you want to search using a specific hashtag, click on it and type what you want to search. Same goes for location. But since, your search is related to finding a person, simply click on person.
- After that write the username of the person you want to find. Once you have typed the username, a lot of people with identical names will appear.
- You have to choose the account that you were finding. Click on it.
- Once you click on the account, it will open the profile of the person you are wanting to add.
- Click on follow, this will send a follow request to the user if the account is private. If the account is public, the account will be followed at that time.
Find people via Facebook
Instagram also allows you to add your Facebook friends on your Instagram account. It is very easy to search for your Facebook friends on your Instagram. But in order to enjoy this feature, you are required to connect your Instagram to your Facebook account. After you do that, it will make all your contacts visible on Instagram as well. In order to find people using Facebook account, you have to consider these steps,
- Go to the discover people option on your Instagram account. There you would see the Facebook option. Click on it.
- After that, connect your Facebook account to Instagram. If both your accounts are already connected, you don’t need to take this step.
- You would be required to log into your Facebook account.
- After you are logged in, it will start loading your friend list. It will take a few minutes.
- All your Facebook friends would show on Instagram. It is now your choice to decide which ones you want to add.
- Tap on the profiles that you would want to follow to open them. Click on the follow option and you are done.
You may also like: How to Use Instagram video music copyright without hassles